1.20.2011

Going Natural.....

So lately I've been slowly transitioning to a more natural lifestyle, and this shit is hard! I started by switching out my harsh shampoo and conditioner for more natural haircare products. Now I have naturally curly hair so I specifically chose products for my hair type. I started out using Kinky Curly's shampoo knot today conditioner/leave in and the curling custard. I loved these products especially the curling custard in the summertime. It really defined my curls and kept the frizz away. I then moved onto Oyin Handmade products like juices and berries spray to "re-wet" my hair so to speak without using water. I also got the burnt sugar pomade, whipped pudding, and the shine and define serum....the names of these products sound delish and the also deliver on smell. these products smell amazing and work wonders on my hair.  They give my curls definition and movement, and leave them soft to the touch.

Having curly hair is amazing but is also annoying at times, cuz it can be downright unruly....OH THE PLIGHT OF THE CURLY HAIR...I tried to beat my hair (especially the edges) into submission by using texturizers and it worked,but it made my hair dry and didn't last that long since I was washing my hair like everyday....i know, i know...BAD...so I stopped using texturizers and washing my hair so often. Now to lay down those unruly curly edges I use olive oil organics edge control. This stuff is def the bizness...LOVE IT!

On to the Face! I have oily to combination skin that is prone to acne (Yuck!), so I'm always on the hunt for products that will obliterate my bumps. I've seen my skin suffer form using those products...over drying, peeling and dull. So now I've started using organic soap like Dr. Bronners all-one hemp and almond soap and 100% natural black African soap. It's still early to tell, but so far its working well. I'll keep you updated on the progress.  This whole natural thing is still a work in progress cuz I def still reach for the Clearasil at the site of a new outbreak...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment